Shift work has certainly been making its mark in the media over the past few weeks. Not only have we seen the reports that antisocial hours can prematurely age the brain and dull intellectual ability but a new study has found that night shift work is linked to obesity as employees who sleep during the [...]
Latest Blog Posts
At the Sleep Council we’re passionate about children and sleep and the right bedtime routines so we’re excited to team up with the duo behind a new bedtime story called Pillow People – and we’ve 10 copies to giveaway. Reading is one of the most preferred ways for both children to wind down at bedtime. [...]
Scientists are warning that working antisocial hours can prematurely age the brain and dull intellectual ability- that’s according to a new report published in the journal Occupational and Environmental Medicine. It’s suggested that a decade of shifts aged the brain by more than six years. There was some recovery after people stopped working antisocial shifts, [...]
THE ANATOMY OF A LIE-IN
Go ahead and enjoy an extra hour in bed on National Sleep In Day this Sunday (October 26). Britain’s top sleep experts all agree it will do you good! With the clocks set to go back an hour this weekend, The Sleep Council asked leading experts exactly what an extra hour in bed can do [...]
- Shift Work Linked To Obesity November 18, 2014
- Children’s Book Giveaway November 10, 2014
- Shift Work Dulls Brain November 5, 2014
- What The Experts Say About Having A Lie In October 24, 2014
- Michael Jones: Not really surprised as a bus driver, I rarely hav...
- Sarah tomlinson: This is a great idea anything that encourages chil...
- Sue Brady: Very interesting as I relatives who work shifts an...
- Ranjana: My elderly friends have been scammed by a man in a...
A mattress that looks OK, may not actually be OK, that’s the hitch.
Find out more.
- Wise words indeed! "A well-spent day brings happy sleep" ~ Leonardo da Vinci #sleepquote 19 hours ago
- What to look for when selecting a new bed... http://t.co/Z2Ga5hxV8P 20 hours ago
- RT @YourDoctorNOW: If you ever find it hard to sleep at night, here's a great video from @TheSleepCouncil on what to do : http://t.co/uJL5F… 2 days ago retweeted via YourDoctorNOW